Senior Manager, Finance - Talent Development
Req Id: 407503
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
About the Role
Bell offers seven Grad Leadership Programs for new graduates, as well as Summer Internships for undergrad university students.
The Bell Finance Grad Leadership program is a 24-36 month rotational program designed to give grads a breadth of experience in the various divisions of Finance. The objective of the program is to attract, engage and retain talent to develop future leaders.
Relatively, the Finance Summer Internship is an immersive 4-month curriculum designed to provide students with real-life work experience.
As the Senior Manager, Finance Grad Leadership and Summer Internship Programs, you will be reporting to the Director, Finance and assist with the execution of recruiting events and interview process across Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic, as well as plan development sessions for future grads and assist with program ideation to improve the current structure of the program. Furthermore, you will be managing the CPA curriculum and progress of Bell’s CPA candidates in the Finance department.
1. CPA Curriculum Management
- Monitor practical experience requirements for new grads pursuing CPA designation across Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic
- Plan, manage and execute rotation enhancements to the CPA Program for new grads hired through the Grad Program
- Implement and scale CPA examination preparation process to employees within Finance
2. Curriculum Development and Management for Grads
- Partake in curriculum planning for 24-30 month Grad Program lifecycle, with focus on Leadership development attributes, and enhancing automation knowledge
- Host and teach workshops for Grads and Summer Interns
3. Recruitment initiatives
- Assist in the development of recruitment and selection materials, including campus pamphlets, case study materials and interview guides
- Participate in recruiting ideation and strategy meetings
- Attend campus information sessions and promote the Finance Grad Leadership Program
- Plan and execute development workshops on campus for university students in order to promote the Bell brand
- Active participation in the selection process for 30 new graduates and 30 summer interns, including reviewing applications from students (video interviews, resumes, academic transcripts)
- Evaluate industry changes for best practices and performance management to bring in innovative approaches for assessing potential
Key Responsibilites Cont'd
4. Amélioration des processus et modernisation du programme d’embauche de diplômés
- Développer des tactiques créatives pour améliorer l’expérience du programme d’embauche de diplômés au moyen des médias sociaux, des productions vidéo internes, des infolettres, etc.
- Planifier les événements pour les initiatives d’engagement des nouveaux diplômés.
- Ajouter de la valeur en augmentant l’efficacité et en éliminant le travail sans valeur ajoutée en automatisant les processus existants.
- Travailler en partenariat avec les intervenants (équipes internes des Finances, équipe RH sur le campus).
- Gestion des intervenants :
- Définir et promouvoir le programme du leadership des nouveaux diplômés à l’échelle d’un réseau croissant de partenariats internes afin d’obtenir du soutien au sein de l’équipe Finances.
5. Gestion et analyse des données
- Maîtriser Excel et d’autres logiciels pour analyser les données du programme d’embauche de diplômés aux fins d’analyse des tendances et des IRC.
- Mettre en œuvre des tableaux de bord améliorés.
- Réaliser des analyses rétrospectives et faire le suivi des statistiques.
- 5+ years experience in project management, campus recruitment, coordinating events and managing student programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Arts, Human Resources or Communications.
- Exposure to Finance and Accounting concepts, well-versed in CPA and CFA designation process is required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Comfortable with social media and virtual networking (i.e. LinkedIn)
- Familiar with digital technology trends and professional social media networks
- Analytical mindset with a drive to understand data
- Leader mindset with a passion for people and development
- Superior networker with strong stakeholder management skills
- Passion and energy to succeed
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Creative mindset
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple deliverables
- Self-starter who works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); Written and Verbal French is required for positions in Quebec.
- Flexibility required for travel to different universities across Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Required to work 3 days in office
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/07/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.